Our little puppy has been a Rodgers for a month now. Honestly, it has been a TOTAL BLUR.
1) She knows her name.
2) I think she knows the word "NO!".
3) She is learning how to "sit" on command.
4) She is wonderful to cuddle with.
Still in progress:
1) Potty training.
2) Sleeping through the night. (I seriously cannot remember what it feels like to get 8 hours of continuous sleep in one night.)
3) Learning what is okay to chew on (rawhide twists, rope toys, balls, bones) and what is NOT okay to chew on (shoes, chickens, underwear, my puppet collection, our bathrobes)
What is NOT going well:
1) Dragging me around with my bathrobe on:
2) She makes it hard to get any kind of housework done because she wants to attack my broom/vacuum/paper towels/wipes and/or get into the dishwasher and/or drag off socks from the dryer.
3) She leaves a bit of a mess sometimes. Here is her puppy pen before she gets in it:
she is growing like a weed! As of Monday this week, she had doubled her weight at 22 lbs.
We love the fact that she can fall asleep anywhere:
She is a little jealous of my baby chicks. When I walk by them and say,"How are you, sweet baby chicks? Cheep Cheep, cheep cheep"-- Savannah runs to the aquarium and races around it (making all of the babies run and flitter around and cheep in alarm). Then she plops down in front of the aquarium with her rear end thumping the glass. She is sassy and naughty at the same time.